World Diabetes Day
Hereunder, find a few tips from two colleagues. THANK YOU to Dr. Lucie Wetchoko and Dr. Stéphane Résimont for their contribution.
Dr. Lucie Wetchoko
- T3 intake is important for the quality of life of a diabetic man because it decreases the conversion of testosterone in estrogen (in men).
- The decrease in estrogen (in a man) improves his libido and metabolism.
- Eat fruits, vegetables, and products from the sea (algae, fish, seafood…).
- Avoid protein in the evening.
Dr. Stéphane Résimont
- Favor low glycemic index foods.
- Eliminate slow/fast sugars because if unused they will be converted into fat.
- Magnesium, Vitamin D & Omega 3 supplements.
- Take psyllium at each meal.
- Physical activity: at least 30-45 minutes a day with perspiration and tachycardia. If at least 5x per week: fat burning after 20 minutes, during 40 consecutive hours: increased basal metabolism (which depends on the function of the thyroid and muscle mass).
- Take cinnamon, carnosine, chromium, selenium, and zinc. Also: arginine, arnitin, acetic acid: vinegar, berberine, alpha lipoic acid and resveratrol.